Workshop on Modern Lighting Master planning
Date and time:
Raekoja plats 12, Tartu, 2nd floor, auditorium
Planning modern public Lighting requires a holistic approach which deals with the many complex aspects involved. Lighting is not only a matter of safety, security and mobility, but serves as a tool for creating identity and livable cities. The fact that the world is in the middle of the biggest transition in lighting technology since Edison reinforces the need for professional master planning.
On the workshop Head of ÅF Lighting Allan Ruberg will give an introduction to a user centered approach to public lighting and address the key issues in successful master planning. Public lighting is the back bone of the visual environment in our cities and shapes how the city can be used and how it is perceived. It is therefore of the out most importance that it is planned to support the visions and policies of the city.
The workshop will provide insight into key parameters regarding LED technology, Controlling Operation & Maintenance and how to handle public tendering and procurement. Furthermore the workshop will provide a road map for the Tartu Lighting Master plan and lift the discussion on how Tartu can adapt to the Smart City Technologies that we are all going to use in the future.
- 10:00 – 10:15 Welcome
- 10:15 – 11:00 An introduction to modern urban lighting
- 11:00 – 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:15 – 12:00 An introduction to modern master planning
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00 Team work – Defining and prioritize key focus areas and objectives of a Tartu Masterplan
- 14:00 – 14:15 Coffee break
- 14:15 – 15:00 Lighting technologies and equipment in the span between function and aesthetics
- 15:00 – 15:45 Smart City solutions – and the connection to public lighting
- 15:45 – 16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00 – 17:00 Team work – Defining the road map for master planning in Estonian cities
- 17:00 Summery and closing
fee includes coffe breaks and lunch
How to registrate:
Please register by filling in the form
TAVA 2016 main organizer
Ph: +372 56984477